What's up, you're

(at)jordancathleen

Writer Podcaster Maker

Monday, September 14, 2015

August's Most Loved

I know. We're in the double digits of September so the sight of an August favorites post on your Bloglovin' feed must be a bit unsettling. My apologies. There is a ton of change going on in my personal life right now which I'll be sure to update you all on later. Regardless, the show must go on! Here are a few of the things that made me smile last month.

Beauty | The NYX Illuminator is an awesome dupe for the coveted Nars Albatross highlighter. A white, intimidating powder in the pan, this illuminator transforms on the skin into a beautiful, shimmering gold that went perfectly with my summer tan if I do say so myself. I can definitely see myself wearing this well into the fall and winter to keep that sunkissed glow going during the colder months.


Fashion | There's not much I can say about these pants besides, "unmphhhhh!" They're a beautiful shade of pink (which I've recently come to accept is, in fact, my favorite color). They're professional but with a ton of personality and I can't wait to get plenty of wear out of them.


Accessories | What a surprise, another pink item. I picked this up on a whim after getting my phone screen repaired this summer and while I typically don't like to spend too much money on something like a phone case, I'm glad I did. This case is incredibly unique and really does a great job protecting my phone so kudos to Native Union!

Techie | Another application this month, Glassdoor has become my new go-to app. If you follow me on Twitter then you know I've been on the job hunt and Glassdoor has everything anyone would ever need to know about any company or position. This summer I've probably checked Glassdoor more than my Instagram feed...and that's saying a lot.

Song | What can I say? Drake's done it again with Hotline Bling. This is such a fun song and it has become my anthem for the summer (or what remains of it). And wouldn't you know it? The album art is pink. Go figure.

Munchies | Whenever you have a craving for something sweet, reach for this. I promise Outshine fruit bars will satisfy the sweetest of tooths (teeth?) without compromising your end-of-summer cleanse. My tip: catch them when your local grocery store has them on sale so you can get both the yogurt-based and fruit-based bars. I know cravings can get super specific so if you have both, you can consider your bases covered.


Person | She's not just my person of the month, but of life. If you haven't heard of her then A) I'm very sorry to hear that and B) she's a DJ, designer, director, entrepreneur and total badass. A constant inspiration, Vashtie continues to change the game creatively and serves as a reminder that girls women truly can do anything they set they're minds to.



Mentioned In This Post

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna Veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JOHN DOE
+123-456-789
Melbourne, Australia